Purchasing Assistant – Syrian Arab Republic
Do you want to work for an organization where your personality, skills and time are worth investing in? Are you looking for an exciting job with clear objectives? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our values-driven actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the opportunity and the right to lead a self-determined life with dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe’s head office is in Bonn, Germany, while the response in Syria is managed from our country office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people affected by the Syrian crisis. Since then, the organization has expanded the scope and scale of its program to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and northwestern Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as in Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria response program includes food security, WASH services, shelter and non-food item services, protection, early recovery and livelihoods.
If you would like to be part of this joint mission to Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
in Afrin, Syria
The position is to be filled by September 18, 2022. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of service will be Afrin, Syria.
- Prepare tender documents based on purchase requests
- Participate in tendering processes by soliciting offers/quotes from respective vendors.
- Participate in the market assessment process.
- Evaluate supplier offers and negotiate better prices
- Prepare analyzes of competitive offers
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or modify orders
- Maintain invoice and contract records
- Participate in procurement committee meetings as a non-voting member to provide all necessary information and answer committee questions. Update internal databases with order details (dates, suppliers, quantities, discounts)
- Perform a field inspection at the supplier to verify the quality of the items to be purchased
- Maintains proper filing of procurement and shipping documents.
The position is open to Syrian nationals only.
– Education: A diploma is essential. And/or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage. – Professional experience: Minimum of one year or more of professional experience in a relevant position within the logistics department of a non-profit organization. – Skills/Knowledge:
– Experience in market valuation and cash component. – Language skills: Arabic and English are compulsory.
- The position is open to Syrian nationals only.
- Other Skills/Knowledge: – Familiar with donor guidelines – Demonstrated related technical skills to deal with a myriad of tasks. – Good team player, flexible and able to work with an international national team. – Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and database.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field within an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its contractors as well as the balance between work and private life.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If the necessary funds are obtained, the duration of the advertised position may be extended. If funding for the project is not secured, activities will come to a complete halt and the consultancy contract will be terminated.
How to register
Please submit your application (in English) through our online recruitment system at the link below by August 16, 2022.
Only applications and CVs in English will be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive and non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all sections of the community.